Updated Wednesday March 20, 2019 by MYBS.
Meridian Youth Baseball | Cal Ripken AA & A Rules
Follow the Cal Ripken Rule Book with the following exceptions:
- League Age 8, 9, 10.
- League will provide home plate umpires.
- Home team will provide volunteer field umpires.
- Pitching rubber is 46’-0” from home plate.ØBases are 60’-0” apart.
- Leading off and Picking off is not allowed.
- Stealing is allowed but the runner cannot leave the base until the pitch crosses the front of the base.
- Bunting is allowed but once a player shows bunt, they may not swing at the pitch.
- Bat the entire lineup with free defensive substitution.
- Each player must play a minimum of two defensive innings
- There will be NO compensation for unbalanced rosters.
- Teams with 12 players will bat 12. Teams with 9 players will bat 9.There will be no automatic outs or any other balancing efforts.
- No new inning after 6 innings or 1 hour and 30 minutes of play.
- Drop dead time of 1 hour and 45 minutes of play.
- No minimum number of innings to make a complete game.
- Extra innings may be played if tied after 6 innings and 1 hour and 30 minutes have not has not expired.
- Regular season games with a score tied at the end of last regulation inning will be declared a tie. No additional innings will beplayed.
- Mercy rule applies if after the 4th inning is completed, and a team is ahead by 15 or more runs, the game is over OR after the5th inning is completed, and a team is ahead by 10 or more runs, the game is over.
- Pitch Counts Limits and Rest Requirements must be followed for league age.
- Manager must keep track on the league approved pitch count form.
- The non-wood bats may must have the USABaseball Bat marking.
- Wood bats are permitted.
- Bats with BBCOR marking are NOT Permitted.
- Bat barrel must be no greater than 2 5/8” diameter.
- Home team will be considered the official book and will be responsible for writing official game start time given by the home plate umpire.
- Both teams will be responsible for keeping track of pitching records in their own scorebooks. If pitching records requested of a manager and they are not available, the team requesting them can deem your pitcher ineligible to pitch in that game.
- No infield will be taken by either team prior to a game.
- No use of the pitcher’s mound on the main field will be allowed prior to the start of a game.
- Home team will prep the field before each game.
- Visiting team will put the field to bed after each game.