UpdatedMonday January 20, 2020 byMeridian Youth Baseball.
U14/U16 Division Rules
- U14/U16 pitchers are limited to 12 innings per week and the pitching distance is 43 feet.
- For U14 games, a team will be allowed to play a game with not less than 8 players only if due to absence, injury, or illness. A team cannot elect to play with less than 9 players if any eligible player(s) are available at a game. When a team starts a game with 8 players, the 9th spot in the batting order will result in an automatic out each time that position is due to bat, until that spot in the batting order is occupied by an eligible player. If a 9th player arrives at any time after the game begins, that player shall be added to the batting order in the 9th spot and placed in the field on defense. If a reduction to 8 players occurs due to absence, injury, or illness of eligible player(s) after a game begins, the vacated spot in the batting order will result in an automatic out each time the vacated position is due to bat.
- By mutual agreement between coaches prior to the start of the game, the following may be implemented: 5 Run Rule: If a team scores 5 runs in one inning, they will take the field and the defensive team will come to bat.
- U14/U16 baserunners are allowed to steal when a pitched ball is released by the pitcher. The penalty for leaving the base before a pitch is released will be an automatic out.
- U14/U16 baserunners are allowed to slide.
- Straight stealing is allowed in this division.
- Games shall begin promptly, and the start time will be noted in the official scorebook. No new inning will be started after one-hour thirty minutes, and a hard-stop will occur at one hour forty-five minutes (or 7 innings). No extra innings will be played due to a tie score. The home team shall provide the official scorebook/scorekeeper.
- The league will make its best effort to provide an umpire for each game. In the event there is no league-provided umpire available, the teams will be asked ahead of time to provide a volunteer home-plate umpire. Field umpires are not provided by the league; however, the teams can provide their own volunteer field umpires for games.