Coach Pitch Rules
UpdatedWednesday March 13, 2019 byMYB.
Meridian Youth Baseball | Cal Ripken Coach Pitch Rules
Follow the Cal Ripken Rule Book with the following exceptions:
- League Age 6, 7, 8.
- Home team will provide volunteer home plate umpires.
- Visiting team will provide volunteer field umpires.
- Score will not be kept or recorded.
- Wins and losses will not be counted.
- Team coach shall pitch to their team from a distance is 30-35 feet at coach’s discretion.
- Bases are 60’-0” apart from each other.
- Leading off is not allowed.
- Stealing bases is not allowed.
- Bunting is not allowed.
- Bat the entire lineup.
- Play 11 players on the field at one time and with four players in the outfield and seven players in the infield.
- No player shall sit more than one inning per game. Each player will sit equally over the course of the season.
- No inning will start after 1 hour of playing time has elapsed.
- Each player shall get a chance to play each defensive position during the year.
- Only exception is for safety positions such as catcher, pitcher, and first base.
- Outs will be counted but teams will not switch sides until all players have batted.
- Coaches are encouraged to throw from one knee to have proper angle of pitch.
- Each player will receive 6 pitches. If player cannot successfully strike the ball, they will be allowed to advance to first base to encourage proper base running skill development.
- Any ball hit in fair territory, with a full swing, is a live ball.
- The inning is ended when the last batter has completed the at bat and crossed home plate.
- Batting order must be rotated from game to game to assure that each player gets a chance to bat in all spots of the batting order. A sample batting order is as follows:
- Game 1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- Game 2: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1
- Game 3: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2