Updated Wednesday March 13, 2019 by MYB.
Meridian Youth Baseball | Cal Ripken T-Ball Summary
Follow the Cal Ripken Rule Book with the following exceptions:
- League Age 4, 5, 6.
- Umpires are not required.
- Score will not be kept or recorded.
- Wins and losses will not be counted.
- Baseball is hit off a rubber tee from home plate.
- Bases are 50’-0” apart from each other.
- Leading off is not allowed.
- Stealing bases is not allowed.
- No new inning will start after 1 hour of playing time has elapsed.
- Play all players on the field at one time.
- Players should be evenly spaced throughout the playing field.
- Each player shall get a chance to play each defensive position during the year.
- In each inning, the batting team shall bat the entire order.
- Each player gets three swings at the ball.
- A ball is a legal hit only if it travels a minimum of 12 feet from home plate onto the field.
- The inning is ended when the last batter has completed their at bat and crossed home plate.
- Batting order must be rotated from game to game to assure that each player gets a chance to bat in all spots of the batting order. A sample batting order is as follows:
- Game 1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- Game 2: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1
- Game 3: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2